Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 cup cornstarch
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the sauce:
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 4 tablespoons ketchup
• 1/2 cup vinegar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
• Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
• Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
• Place the cornstarch in a shallow dish.
• Dip each chicken piece into the beaten eggs, then coat in the cornstarch.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
• Transfer the chicken to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic powder until well combined.
• Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure each piece is coated.
• Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
• Serve hot with rice or vegetables.
• Enjoy your Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken!