OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE WALKABOUT ONION SOUP
• 4 enormous sweet onions, cut slender
• 2 tbsp of margarine
• 2 tbsp of regular baking flour
• 1/2 cup of white wine
• 4 cups of hamburger stock
• 2 cups of chicken stock
• 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 tsp of ground dark pepper
• 1/4 tsp of dried thyme
• 4 cuts of French bread, toasted
• 2 cups of destroyed Swiss cheddar
• 1/2 cup of ground Parmesan cheddar
• In a huge pot or Dutch broiler, liquefy the margarine over medium intensity. Add the cut onions and cook, mixing sporadically, for around 30 minutes or until the onions are brilliant brown and caramelized.
• Sprinkle the flour over the onions and mix well to consolidate. Cook for an extra 2-3 minutes, mixing continually.
• Empty the white wine into the pot, blending to scrape up any seared pieces from the base. Add the meat stock, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, dark pepper, and thyme. Mix well to consolidate.
• Heat the soup to the point of boiling, then, at that point, decrease the intensity to low and stew for around 30 minutes, mixing once in a while.
• To serve, spoon the soup into stove safe dishes. Top each bowl with a cut of toasted French bread, and sprinkle liberally with destroyed Swiss cheddar and ground Parmesan cheddar.
• Sear the soup in the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheddar is liquefied and brilliant brown.