The absolute best coconut cream pie
° 1 c sweetened peeled coconut
°1c light cream
°1/2 C sugar
° 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
° 2 separate eggs
° 1 teaspoon vanilla
°1 pie crust.
°8 ounces whipping cream
- Bake the pie crust according to the instructions on the package and let it cool completely.
- Put the milk and light cream into a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp. cold water for cornstarch. stir well.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until light. Add the cornstarch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. moves. Let’s stand 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Cover it with whipped cream.